Souper greens soup
1 tbsp olive oil
1 large onion, finely chopped
300g leeks, sliced
2 vegetable stock cubes
1.5 litre water
ó green cabbage
(sweetheart or savoy), shredded
150g green lentils, rinsed
1 large bunch parsley
1. Heat the oil in a large saucepan and lightly sauté the onion over a
2. Once soft and translucent, add the sliced leeks and sauté until soft.
3. Make up the stock by dissolving the stock cubes in 1.5 litres of
4. Add the shredded cabbage to the pan along with the stock and
the green lentils.
5. Cook for 30 minutes until the lentils soften.
6. Add the spinach and parsley until wilted, then remove from the heat.
7. Allow to cool slightly before pouring it into a blender (in batches).
8. Blitz for 60 seconds until the mixture is smooth and green.